Thursday, October 24, 2019

Cda Competency Goal 5

I do my part to maintain a well run purposeful program, responsive to participant needs. On their first day in our program, I make an effort to meet and greet our clients, the parents as well as the children. I ask the parents if they need any special requirements, accommodations or modifications to better service their children. I also ask the children which games they enjoy, and see if they have any questions for me about the program. This gives them an opportunity to know we have familiar activities that they are used to, gives them a chance to share their fears and worries about the program, and they also to get to know me a little better. With this information from the children, parents and our director, the counselors and I work together as planners, getting our weekly schedules for the children and taking turns delegating the activities. We come up with our own plans and put them together to form a enriched learning program. I attend monthly meetings, learning new ways to better service our clients, help each other and work together as a group. Our director is mostly our organizer, determining what our needs are. We discuss major issues such as safety and abuse, making me well aware of my responsibilities. As part of a cooperative co-worker, I do my personal best and help other counselors when they need assistance. I fill in for counselors if they need the day off and I am pretty good about schedule changes. We usually meet up before our day starts and talk about any issues we are having and try to find the best solutions for them. For our program to run smoothly, we must have all our paperwork in order. This includes organization and documentation of records. We do not have one set person for recordkeeping, but we all take part in keeping our paperwork up to date and properly put away. We have filing cabinets which contain copies and some originals of attendance sheets, bus rosters, allergy lists and medications, medical forms, daily log book, accident/incident reports, check payment logs and our own personal employee files. We fill out various forms on a daily basis and we must have everything signed and properly filed by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment