Saturday, January 4, 2020

Why Are You Seeking A Doctoral Degree - 820 Words

Why are you seeking a doctoral degree in public policy from Chicago Harris? What are your research goals? What do you hope to contribute to Chicago Harris? During an economics lecture the professor said to my class â€Å" I do not know whether the increasing income inequality is an issue or not†. I was perplexed. I thought the goal of Economics, as a social science, was to achieve the maximum welfare of people while efficiently using resources. So how is income inequality that renders many people worse off, not an issue? By not stating his opinion, he wished to remain unbiased. However, if everyone were to keep their understanding of justice and inequality to themselves without meaningful dialogues, no societal issue would gain attention or action. I felt my theoretical background required training in practical applications to conceive working solutions to some of the most pressing problems of our time. Realizing I want to be equipped with the tools necessary to take appropriate measures when the welfare of individuals is compromised, I knew I should seek an education in Public Policy. With my interdisciplinary academic background, I aspire to contribute to the field of Public Policy by bringing a transnational-feminist perspective to the socio-economic policy discourse. Therefore, there is no better place for me to pursue my doctoral degree in Public Policy than at Chicago Harris School of Public Policy. My experiences in research and community service have molded my policyShow MoreRelatedThe Effects Of Income Inequality For Educated Women1691 Words   |  7 Pagesmany students. But what if perusing a degree in order to obtain these positions meant that you still earn less than your male counterpart? Although this situation may seem unreal to many, millions of educated women experience an unjustified wage gap in the United States. While income does change with advances in education such as earning a masters or doctoral degree, wage inequality becomes very significant when the income of men and women with the same degree are compared. It has become very apparentRead MorePersonal Statement : Mba University917 Words   |  4 Pagesopportunity to express my interest in joining your institution, Widener University. I hold a bachelor degree in accounting from King Saudi University where I graduated in 2010. Currently I am studying leadership and education for my masters at Concordia Univ ersity. My GPA stands at 4.00. Education for me never stops and I believe the only time I will stop learning is when my life ends. This is why I am interested in joining your institution; in order to continue with my education, better my gradesRead MorePurpose of Higher Education732 Words   |  3 Pagescomputer information technology one may seek a degree in Computer Science or a related subject. Without a higher education one may have some difficulties with being promoted within a company or being able to go forth in life as far as providing for their family. One may apply to college for various reasons, but the purpose of higher education is for a higher earning job, for self-improvement, and being a role model. Having a college degree one is likely able to obtain a high salary occupationRead MoreThe Characteristics of the Hallmarks of Scientific Research1427 Words   |  6 Pagesrigor, testability, replicability, precision and confidence, objectivity, generalizability and parsimony. Purposiveness is the manager has started the research with a definite aim or purpose. Rigor is connotes carefulness, scrupulousness, and the degree of exactitude in research investigation. Testability is a property that applies to the hypotheses of a study. Replicability is having more faith in the findings of a study if the findings are replicated in another study. Replication demonstratesRead MoreHealthcare Reform : The United States ( U.s. )1722 Words   |  7 Pageswhen I was a student in the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program, as well as when I was working as a RN, I never thought I would need to return to college to further my education. However, after taking the time to read articles about the future of nursing, I quickly realized the importance of returning to obtain my Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Moreover, I realized my future as an RN was not guaranteed to be there, unless I pursued an advanced degree in nursing. Of course, this is notRead MoreCareer Research Paper : Career1444 Words   |  6 PagesMatthew Chalfan Professor Myoka EDUC 1300 10/25/2016 Career Research Paper The career I chose to undertake as my profession is that of a mechanical engineer. Why do I want to become a mechanical engineer? Well, for starters, I would be able to design, build and possibly repair many various machines and other technologies that are complex. These technologies can range from being already in use on a global scale to new, futuristic designs that are highly technical. Also, this career includes beingRead MoreAnalysis : Falling Celestial Bodies : Asteroid Trajectory And Impact Duration 4 Weeks1480 Words   |  6 Pagesdata and references. The remainder of the task must be done individually. This task is to be done in both your time and class time. Use of ICT (Information Communication Technologies) e.g. internet based research is encouraged during class time. Seeking teacher guidance, expert advice and use of traditional (library) text based references is also recommended. Word length: 1000 – 1500 words. The word length for the ERT report/article/presentation includes discussion/evaluation /conclusions/recommendationsRead MoreWhat is Happiness?: In the Movie A Pursuit of Happiness576 Words   |  2 Pagesto obtain a job. His son never loses faith in him and always trusts him through this difficult period in their lives. The will to help not only yourself, but your loved ones to achieve happiness is very strong and, as long as you have that, most obstacles will fail to stop you. In today’s American culture one’s physical appearance is very pertinent to many people. In her memoir, Wasted, by Marya Hornbacher, the author says, â€Å"I was sitting there in the darkness laughing.† (Hornbacher 27) She is in darknessRead MoreUnemployment Questionnare2880 Words   |  12 PagesWere you engaged in any work or activities for pay or profit during the last week for at least one-hour? Yes (Go to Q.12) No Q.7 Why have you been unsuccessful in finding a job? (more than one option possible) There are not enough jobs There are jobs but you don t have enough information about available jobs You don t know the right people; employers hire through their friends and family You don t have the right skills You don t have enough education You don t have experience You don tRead MoreDevelopmental Disabilities : A Developmental Disability2080 Words   |  9 PagesDid you know that an estimated 4.6 million Americans have a developmental disability? That is almost five percent of the country’s population, not including the hundreds of people that go untreated, or who have never been diagnosed. The term â€Å"developmental disabilities† refers to a group of conditions that cause impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavioral development. Typically manifesting during the primary development period (between ages 2 and 17), these conditions usually last

No comments:

Post a Comment